Friday, February 17, 2012

First art journal blog for 2012

This year I am going to try to keep an art journal blog as well as my hand written art journal.
As a stroke survivor handwriting is still work in progress even 12 years on....I practice my hand writing in the hope that eventually I will again be able to write for what I am saying as opposed to writing for writing practice.
Over the last two years at uni I have tried to explain this to my various tutors and others that a hand written based journal was something I would  love to achieve but my mind/brain just wasn't/isn't ready for this..YET... I live in hope.
Yes, most people including me, find it somewhat strange that drawing (since 2007) and  more recently painting (since 2010) including reasonably accurate drawings of "things" seems to  be no problem while handwriting remains a problem, particularly more than a page at a time but it is.
So in this blog I will use my computer to record various articles etc and comments on things I have read...while my art that I have done will continue to be located at smarsartblog@.blogspot.com
There will no doubt be many references to articles in the New Yorker magazine which I still regard as my principal source of quality up to date and beautifully written articles.
For example Peter Schjeldahl article Damien Hirst's spot paintings (P84 Jan 23 2012) 

No comments:

Post a Comment