Saturday, March 3, 2012

Major project thinking

During the night I had a think about my proposed series of 5" x7" water colour paintings of the Darling, Anabranch and Murray, the artistic circulation of Wentworth Island (my name but I like it). In the spirit of Jack Carington Smith I should also do a pencil (line) drawing of each view as well, and possibly, and a photo of each scene as well.
While I do not see myself as a photographer I do like the idea of the series of triplets of the same image, all at around 5 x 7.
For those that know where I have come from they may appreciate that the pencil drawings could also be in the style of, and a reference back to my drawing of Hoovy back in 2001 which was my first drawing this millennium and would eventually lead me to take up art seriously, as well of course being in Jack Carington Smith's tradition of landscape "drawing"and its importance to his students.
The photography, well my digital camera has been incredibly important to me and my art and occasionally I take a reasonable photo, even if I have not "learnt" photography at uni for other reasons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment